- This event has passed.
February 8, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm$35.00
MMA Seminar. 2.5 hours of mixed martial arts covering striking, clinch work, ground work and controlled sparring. Sharing the love for the sport and providing an opportunity to cross-train with like-minded athletes. All gym affiliations and backgrounds are welcome.
Topics of interest;
– low line/high line striking combos
– take-down(s) – set ups (off the strikes & from the clinch)
– clinch to take-down
– clinch to disengage with strikes
– ground attacks
– turtle postion
– attacks and counters
Foundations built that have proven success in MMA competition.
Limited to 20 participants.
Participants will require the following gear:
– gloves (MMA and Boxing gloves)
– shin pads
– mouth piece
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Time: 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Location: OAMA Kanata Location, 444 Hazeldean Rd., Kanata
Cost: $35 – Credit card payment through the website or cash day of the event.
Early bird fee: $25 (Prior to January 24th).
- Open to all interested athletes, regardless their background or affiliation
- Participants must have a basic understanding of MMA. Material will be delivered to intermediate/advanced levels