Coaching – Understanding the fundamental differences between a ‘Coach’ and an ‘Instructor’.
Psychological Resiliency & Robustness Training (PRT) – Integrated training modalities to develop toughness.
Bridging the gap between the skill and the will to fight.
Combative Self-Defence – Striking, clinch and ground work with and without the presence of weapons.
Implementing skills in preparation for real world dangers.
Blade Work – Developing fixed and folder proficiency, use and defence.
Firearms Training – Firearms safety including dry and live-fire training specifically for pistol, carbine rifle and shotgun.
Physical Conditioning – Program design specifically developed for the tactical / combat athlete. Energy system enhancement to tackle the most active resistance imaginable.
Nutritional Advice and Guidance – Refining nutritional framework to utilize macro/micro nutrient ingestion made relevant and sustainable for optimal performance.
All services are tailored individually and for small groups, by appointment only.
Combative Self-Defence – General Public
Combative Seminars are delivered on the Mat and at the Range:
A no-nonsense, solution based approach to combat the emerging dangers of today.
ON THE MAT:
Full spectrum combative self-defence to enhance environmental awareness and psychological/physical conditioning.
- Blending multiple skills with a combative mindset. Purposefully focused on decision making and critical thinking.
- Mitigating the risk of injury through progressive and controlled training.
- Striking variations, clinch and ground work with and without the presence of weapons.
- Edged weapons training. How to use a blade and how to defend against an attacker yielding a blade.
- Pistol disarms.
- Blunt weapon use and defence.
- Building strength and confidence while improving overall personal growth.
- Medical training – Emergency situations and actions-on; Major bleeds, Airway management and Shock.ON THE RANGE
Firearms safety and range safety protocols.
- Safe firearms handling, accuracy and speed specific to close range application including carbine rifles, pistols and shotguns).
- Efficiency of movement.
- Comprehensive effectiveness and environmental understanding.
- Incorporating conditioning/physical exertion while employing various firearms.
- Range drills and proficiency development, scaling between novice to advance applications.
- Levels 1 through 5 certification program.
Level 1 – On the range: Pistol fundamentals, working from a holster, stance, grip, sights & body alignment, trigger manipulation, recoil management, self-diagnostics, master hand and support hand only shooting, malfunction drills and shooting on the move. On the mat: Striking and movement fundamentals. Distance/Position/Movement drills. Open palm strikes Vs. traditional striking arts. Pistol disarms and defences. Controlled sparring drills.
Level 2 – On the range: Pistol and Carbine fundamentals, transitioning between long gun and pistol. Long gun management, barrel-sight relationship, body-firearm positioning. Movement and shooting with the use of cover. Positional shooting. Off-hand shooting and malfunction drills. On the mat: Clinch work and close range attacks and defences. Low-line strikes and high line strikes while being fouled. Effective take-downs and take-down defences. Ground to feet recovery considerations. Edge weapons attacks and defences; Pre-deployment and deployment phases of a knife. Dangers and considerations with regards to edged weapons. Use and understanding of fixed and folding blades.
Level 3 – On the range: Pistol, Carbine rifle and Shot gun fundamentals/intermediate levels. Shooting from un-orthodox positions and transitioning between the 3 firearms. Stages designed to incorporate movement/conditioning/various firearms at various distances with various target difficulty. . On the mat: Ground-based focus demonstrating strengths and exposing vulnerabilities when an altercation goes to the ground. Weapon possibilities (edged, ballistic and blunt objects). Ground to feet paradigm motivation, retention of dominate positions, escape from less desirable positions.
Level 4 – On the range: Pistol, Carbine rifle and shot gun advanced firearms practices. Speed, accuracy and complexities of working in a small team construct. Movement, communication, situational awareness integrated with the use of vehicles. How to move in and around vehicles, ballistic effects and considerations while shooting through glass/wood/drywall. On the mat: Full spectrum combatives including; Striking, Clinch and Ground work with the integration of weapons, implementation of readily accessible force-multipliers, dynamic micro-fights designed to increase heart rate, challenge the decision-making process while working through discomfort. Introduction to medical education; assist with life-threatening possibilities pertaining to; Major bleeds, Airway obstruction and Shock.
Level 5 – On the range: Pistol and Carbine focused. Extreme close range application with the focus on break-contact drills. Use of cover/concealment/open space considerations. Introduction to low-light shooting (use of white light – handheld & firearm mounted). On the mat introduction of a full-spectrum experience; Abduction avoidance, confined space considerations, break-contact, regain the initiative if caught off balance.
All levels are provided with a progressive and safe approach. Firearms safety and injury prevention protocols are everyone’s responsibility. Proficiency and overall effectiveness are our top priorities. Accountability of actions will be addressed regularly.
Private and small group sessions only. Our training experiences are desigend to trully connect with people. Regardless of your age or athletic ability, Direct Acton will help you reach your goals. Gain strength, develop skills and techniques for self-defence improved confience.
Direct inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Professionals
Combatives / Defensive Tactics Training
- Customized packages specifically designed for Military, Law Enforcement, Security Professionals and Other Government Agencies.
- Full Spectrum Combative Training developed to enhance operational effectiveness, by;
- Integrating kit & equipment,
- Combining skills utilized for operational realities,
- Decision-Making Strategies,
- Hand-to-Hand Combat/ Combative self-defence,
- Tactical Shooting,
- Close Quarters Battle (CQB) / Close Quarters Combat (CQC),
- Weapon retention drills, break contact drills,
- Abduction avoidance strategies and techniques,
- Low profile/concealed carry / plain clothes operations,
- Confined space training,
- Edged weapons (blade attacks and defences),
- Stress management, anxiety and emotional control,
- Aggressive & Realistic scenario-based training.
Combative training and consulting specifically designed for:
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Military Organizations
- Other Government Agencies
- Security Professionals
We will provide ‘Train the Trainer’ opportunities upon request.
We will assist with preserving your agency’s credibility and positive public image.
We will mitigate the risk of persoanl injury through progressive and controlled training.
** All material received is endorsed and supported by Direct Action Combat Performance Inc.
If required, we will fully support the end user in a court of law.
Women’s Only Seminars
Women’s self-defence seminars are particularly developed to meet existing challenges and needs of modern women. Direct Action will deliver skills designed to empower women. Our goal is to successfully avoid potentail risks and be capable of defending themselves.
Women are often viewed as ‘soft targets’. Due to this common view the intent of our delivery system is to enhance an understanding of options to becoming a ‘hard target’. We will explore pro-active measures to make the aggressor reconsider their intentions.
Behavioural studies have indicated there are two types of aggressors in the world;
Social Aggressor: The desire to profit through induced fear or uncertainty for personal gain. Often motivated by materialistic items (purse, cell phone, money, etc.) or temporary social enhancement through verbal assault, physical altercation or emotional belittling.
Predatory Aggressor: The 3 – 5% often male population, who intentionally cause serious harm or worse. Commonly accompanied by drug/alcohol abuse and/or mental illness. These aggressors have little fear of law enforcement, no self-respect or respect for others. Their actions are evil and ill-intended, accompanied by physically abuse, sexual abuse, rape and emotional trauma.
Direct Action will create a safe learning environment for women to feel comfortable ehancing thier life-saving skills. With the absence of a testosterone-filled training space, the material becomes more proficient in execution. Through repetition and consistency, the complexity and cognitive load factor will increase in order to expand the training realism. All training will be conducted in a professional, safe and progressive manner.
No previous training is required. Designed for females 11 years of age and older.
- Situational awareness and environmental understanding.
- Understand the OODA loop (Observe the danger, Orient oneself – collect as much data as possible, Decide on the most appropriate course of action, Act on that decision).
- Strategies to help manage a physiological response to a psychological stimulus.
- Use of voice, posture and body language to avoid a potential dangerous situation.
- Break contact when somebody invades personal space.
- Abduction avoidance skills and strategies.
- Use of position, distance and movement to create safety.
- Use of strikes and targeting specific areas of opportunity.
- Intro to blade (attacks and defences).
- Ground to feet recovery (options and outlets).
As a result, women will increase their confidence and ability to protect themselves and their loved ones.