- This event has passed.
Low-light Pistol & Shotgun course
August 12 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$413.00
Low-Light Pistol & Shotgun – OPEN ENROLLMENT
Courseware designed to improve marksmanship skills in low-light conditions. Effective ways to employ firearms while using white light to identify targets of opportunity. Hand-held and firearm-mounted lights accessibility from various shooting positions and distances. We will integrate malfunction drills while in motion and shooting from behind cover.
WHO: All interested participants holding a valid PALR firearms license.
WHAT: Pistol & Shotgun.
WHERE: 2345 Stanfield Rd., Mississauga. GardaWorld Training facility. Suit #400.
WHEN: Friday, August 12, 2022. 9am to 4pm.
WHY: To gain a deeper understanding of the strengths and limitations between the shooter and firearm(s). Working through malfunction drills while shooting in a visually diminished environmental setting. Enhance proficiencies, firearms safety and confidence with our shooting abilities.
- Valid PAL(R) firearms licence,
- ATT (Authorization to Travel) through your CFO (Chief Firearms Office),
- Pistol, holster + 3 magazines, magazine carrier * No inside the waistband holsters (IWB) please,
- Shotgun – Breach action, semi-auto or pump action are acceptable,
- Eye protection, hearing protection,
- Handheld flash light (white light), and a back-up light with fresh batteries,
- Baseball hat, closed-toe shoes suitable for dynamic movements, long sleeve shirt/pants and extra layer for personal comfort as required.
Optional kit & equipment:
Light shooting gloves, sling for shotgun. * Firearm-mounted light is recommended but not required.
All shooters will require the minimum ammunition natures:
400 rounds – Ball or Frangible only.
*No steel core, or green tip ammunition.
125 x bird shot / target load / #7.5 load, and
40 x slug shot.
*Rifled slug or Target slug only.
Direct Action will provide:
Targets, training aids, coaching, instruction and firearms / range safety.
Fees: $365.49 + taxes.
Space is limited to 10 participants.
The range is an indoor facility positioned near lots of amenities, hotels and restaurants.