- This event has passed.
DA1 – Mississauga / Cambridge
July 31, 2021 @ 8:30 am - August 1, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Direct Action Certification Level 1 – Ottawa
Pistol fundamentals on the range & Striking fundamentals on the mat.
On the range: Pistol fundamentals working from a holster, stance, grip, alignment, trigger manipulation, follow-through, malfunction drills, re-loads, shot placement, recoil management and shooting on the move. Stages created to challenge the shooter and promote confidence in shooting abilities.
On the mat: Striking fundamentals covering open palm strikes, high-line strikes and defences, low-line strikes, balance & agility drills, open palm strikes and closed fist strikes, pistol disarms techniques and situational awareness education and controlled sparring.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION(s):
Saturday, 31 July – 0830-4:00pm – Range Day – Garda World Training Facility – 2345 Stanfield Rd. Mississauga
Sunday, 1 Aug – 0830-3:30pm – Mat Day – MAC Academy of Martial Arts – 20 Park Hill Rd. East, Cambridge.
– ATT for training location(s)
– Valid PAL(R) licence
– Pistol / gun belt/ minimum of 3 magazines
– Magazine pouches
(Firearm rentals available through DA – for more information contact: email@example.com)
– Minimum of 400 rounds of pistol ammunition
– Eye protection / hearing protection
– Environmental clothing for daily forecast / footwear to move athletically
– Wrestling boots for on the mat training (barefoot training is fine)
– Personal boxing gloves/ shin pads
$499 taxes included/participant.
Maximum capacity 8 participants.
More information available, including details on renting firearms, please contact: