- This event has passed.
Women’s Only Self-Defence
January 25, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm$125
For the ladies of our society seeking a wholesome experience related to real world self-defence. Skills and knowledge developed to enhance your confidence in taking action. Should you find yourself in a potentially dangerous situation, we will share some options and experience on how to increase your level of personal protection.
Participants will receive;
– A deeper understanding of situational awareness meaning and application
– Confidence in the application of techniques while under a state of induced stress
– Physical conditioning for all levels of fitness (we’re going to hit things and break a sweat)
– How to use a scarf or purse strap to effectively defend yourself
– Recovery practice from ground to feet, distance, movement and positioning in relation to a potential attacker
Saturday, 25 January, 2020. . . Happy New Year!
1:30pm to 4:30pm
Barrhaven Academy of Martial Arts
3777 Strandherd Dr. Unit #99
*20% discount to the first 6 participants to register (Once the registration is completed through the website, the discount will be retuned to that credit card in a few days).
What you will need for training:
Comfortable athletic attire you can move in.
Boxing gloves (any size will do – to protect your hands while striking pads).
- Class is limited to 20 participants.
- No previous training or experience required
- Overcome nervousness and anxiety in taking this training (this will benefit you) nothing to be afraid of
- Training will be delivered in a professional, safe, progressive and fun manner