- This event has passed.
Concealed Carry Course
March 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$444.99
Concealed Carry Course.
Skills and drills to apply effective shooting principles while preforming duties from a concealed carry posture. We will cover carry options, set-up and considerations. IWB – Inside the waistband and OWB – Outside the waistband carriage. Draw stroke and ways of clearing the garment. Fight to the gun as a ballistic response. Fight to the blade as an alternate source of protection. How to clear fouls to make space. Defences to a spontaneous attacker armed with an edged weapon. Understanding the hierarchy of threats – appropriate levels of response and actions-on that chosen response (context driven). Blocks and counters to incoming strikes from an attacker. Working through malfunction drills while in motion. Transitioning to and from blade/gun.
WHO: Law Enforcement (Municipal, Provincial, Federal), Military, CBSA, Armed Security Professionals, Other Government institutions who perform relatable duties.
WHAT: Pistol – Concealed Carry course.
WHERE: 2345 Stanfield Rd., Mississauga. GardaWorld Training facility. Suit #400.
WHEN: Sunday, March 20, 2022. 9am to 4pm.
WHY: To gain a deeper understanding of the strengths and limitations deploying a firearm while in a low-profile, plain clothes environment.
- Valid PAL(R) firearms licence OR a letter from your chain of command confirming your status and requirement for this nature of training.
- ATT (Authorization to Travel) through your CFO (Chief Firearms Office),
- Pistol, holster + 3 magazines. A single magazine carrier. IWB or OWB holsters only. *No drop-down leg holsters please.
- Eye protection, hearing protection,
- Handheld flash light with fresh batteries and a back-up light.
- Baseball hat, closed-toe shoes suitable for dynamic movements, long sleeve shirt/pants and extra layer for personal comfort, and a suitable over garment.
Optional kit & equipment:
Mouthpiece, jock, lightweight shooting gloves, pistol-mounted white light, trainer blade of your choice.
All shooters will require the minimum ammunition natures:
600 rounds – Ball or Frangible only.
*No steel core, or green tip ammunition.
Direct Action will provide:
Targets, striking shields, trainer blades, coaching, instruction and firearms / range safety.
Fees: $393.80 + taxes.
Space is limited to 10 participants.
The range is an indoor facility positioned near many amenities, hotels and restaurants.